It has never been a more exciting time to be a child with so much technology at their finger tips. They really enjoy video and animation both in the classroom and at home, creating their own short films and telling their own stories. We give them the tools and techniques to use their own equipment and express themselves through filmmaking and animation. We would love your children to join us for one of our exciting workshops.
Igniting students’ creative spark and engaging them in the curriculum using film making and animation
At Rock Paper Video we engage students in film making and animation with our workshops and incursions, and support teachers with professional development and resources. We are passionate about giving students the ability and confidence to make their own short films and animations, encouraging teamwork and reinforcing inter-disciplinary skills such as planning and organisation, as well as promoting creativity and critical thinking. We make it exciting and age appropriate.
We teach the technology and techniques of film making and animation, and can help you to use video in your lessons and across the curriculum. We guide and support you with plans, tools, templates and ideas for incorporating film making into the classroom.
- Our incursions entertain and inspire children and teach them solid video or animation techniques, while encouraging them to exercise transferrable skills such as planning, teamwork and organisation, and are aligned with the Australian school curriculum.
- Our workshops during school holidays and after school teach children film making and animation skills in a fun and relaxed way. They are designed to give children techniques they can continue to use at home and allow them to express and extend their interests.
- Professional development in a group setting at your school, or online courses and webinars, we deliver our training for teachers in the way that best suits you.
- Downloadable film making and video resources are coming soon in 2017, giving you professional tips and film making techniques. Our lesson plans can help with some extra inspiration if you are short on ideas on how to integrate film making or animation into your classes.
- Five Minute Film Making is a series of YouTube tutorial videos for students, coming in late 2017.
School Holiday Workshops coming September School Holidays: